Sunday, November 8, 2015

an update an update an update alert

Over the last week, I have gotten my word count up to 4000. Most of my writing so far has been primary source analysis of Anne Carson's Plainwater. My task for the coming week is to incorporate secondary source genre analysis regarding road trips and rites of passage. Additionally, I am hoping to do more comparative work between Carson’s work and that of Jack Kerouac, John Steinbeck, and other lesser known authors.
The biggest struggle I am having is just to write consistently day-to-day. I know I can finish this project and I am learning more each day that I am writing, but getting to the writing point is often difficult. But worry not! It will get done and it will be somewhat polished by the 20th.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. It would be very useful to see some of that writing or to have a face-to-face conversation about where your project is going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Please send us some samples. Now's the time we can give really in-depth comments.

    ReplyDelete